Monday, March 25, 2013

Cleansing(3-day detox)



I have become interested in cleansing.  I started eating healthy almost two years ago and I am still seeking and learning how to better my habits and continue eating healthy for life.  I was recently watching Dr. Oz and he presented the following 3 day cleanse.  This cleanse seems like a good fit for me for I do not want to be on a long cleanse.  I just want to rid my body of toxins and refresh myself as I continue on my healthy eating for life plan. 

As you will notice from the 3 day plan below the drinks contain many of the foods(green tea, flax seeds, almond milk, coconut oil, greens,fruits and berries) that I am already eating and have noted throughout my blog postings.   I feel comfortable doing this cleanse with this list of foods.  The only thing I will not include within my drinks will be the cayenne pepper. 

Toxicity can make you sick.  The foods we eat and everyday environmental pollution create toxins in our bodies.  When we cleanse we are getting rid of the body’s toxins that we cannot naturally rid out.  While researching cleansing I reviewed Dr. Mark Hymans information on the Dr. Oz website.  Dr. Hyman noted below in his statement on why it is important to detoxify our bodies.

Why is detoxification important? “When our bodies become “toxic,” it means that our natural means of ushering out metabolic waste from normal human metabolism, environmental pollution, and what has become known as the Standard American Diet (or SAD diet – funny, right!) have exceeded the threshold for what the body’s innate detoxification system can tolerate on its own. With this toxic load, every system in the human body can become affected. From our head to our toes and everything in between, toxicity makes us sick!”(Hyman, Mark MD., 2012.  The Ultra Wellness Center.)

Below I have included the 3 day cleanse from Dr. Oz.  I am going to give this a try however before cleansing it is important to be prepared.    It is suggested by Dr. Hyman to drink 6-8 glasses of water daily for a week prior to cleansing.  He notes that fatigue is usual and be sure to take time to rest and exercise for energy.  As I have noted in earlier posts I exercise 4 times per week for 15-20 minutes always before breakfast.  Exercising does give you energy and I will continue to exercise throughout the cleanse.  It is also suggested during a cleanse to help draw out the toxins with heat such as a warm bath.  A warm bath with Epsom salts for 20 minutes a few times a week will benefit your cleanse process.  I am preparing this week for my cleanse and will begin next week.  I will journal each day and report my experience, results on my blog.

Dr. Oz notes, “Eliminate harmful toxins, restore your system and reset your body with this detox cleanse. All you need is 3 days, a blender and $16 a day.”
 I will not need to spend that much each day for I have many of the items on hand.  Depending where you shop I think $16 is on the high end. If you do this cleanse please let me know how you make out by responding here on the blog, thanks. Judy


Dr. Oz's 3-Day Detox Cleanse One-Sheet

NOTE: I am healthy and do not take medications and would suggest for anyone who is not healthy or has health issues and is taking any medications prescribed by your doctor to first check with your doctor before doing a cleanse. 

References:
Hyman, Mark MD., (2012).  The Blood Sugar Solution.  The Ultra Wellness Center.  Retrieved from Dr.Oz.com website articles submitted 11-12-12.
Dr. Oz (2013).  Detox made simple, 3 day detox cleanse.  Retrieved from Dr. Oz website on 3-22-13.

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I enjoy the information but I dont think it is necessary to detox. Fasting for spiritual gain but why detox? Life is to hard as it is. a lot of us are just struggeling to eat basic essentials .No detox for me.Dr. Oz is a man with to much $$$ made from self promotion.Stay out of oz. His yellow brook road is made from our money.

      Delete
  2. Thank you for posting a response to the detox information. I do understand what you are saying and agree that detox or cleansing is not appealing to everyone.
    Detox or cleansing is important to cleanse the body of toxins. This is especially important for people who are changing their eating habits from one that contained processed foods/additives/preservatives to a diet that includes whole or healthy foods. The cleanse will help rid the body of toxins and get you off to a good start with your new healthy eating plan.
    I do also believe in fasting and that is in combination with prayer and spiritual gain however detox/cleansing is for physical cleaning of toxins.
    I also try to include a wealth of information within my blog to include information presented by Dr. Oz or guests on his show. His is one perspective and the 3 day plan he presented appealed to me for I agree with the combination of ingredients. I know it is not for everyone. I also do not promote the Dr. Oz show however I do use information when I find it interesting. Thanks again and I look forward to more postings. Have a blessed day!
    Judyj

    ReplyDelete