Monday, April 1, 2013

Power Foods for Health and Weight Loss

As you already know located on the pages of this blog I have listed 15 super foods to help you burn belly fat and stay healthy.  I include as many of these foods as possible within my own daily eating plan.  While researching I discovered some additional foods that will benefit a healthy body and brain while boost your metabolism to burn fat.

1. Beans- These are also listed within my 15 super foods.  Kidney and black beans are delicious and two among many that will boost your metabolism and get you burning fat.  Beans keep you full longer.  They are great in chili, salads, in dip or with rice. I eat dark red kidney beans with green salad or mix them with rice.  Beans are one of the ingredients I eat daily within my gbomb (greens-beans-onions-mushrooms-berries).

G-Bomb--I wanted to note that everyday with at least one meal you should include a G-Bomb.  I keep an onion ready to go in the frig. in a zip lock bag.   It is key to have ingredients at hand and ready to use.  In a pan I place a tablespoon or two of olive oil.  To the oil I add sliced onion, sliced up crimini/button mushrooms along with sliced roasted red peppers. I buy roasted red/yellow peppers in a glass jar and keep them in the frig.   It is also important to buy fresh mushrooms found in the produce department.  I buy mushrooms once a week and keep them in the frig to use throughout the week.  In addition to these I include a teaspoon of crushed garlic which I also purchase in a glass jar.  When you are striving to eat healthy it is important to have the ingredients ready to use. This will make cooking easy and habit forming.

2. Pinenuts--These along with most nuts to include walnuts/almonds will help suppress hunger.  Pinenuts contain highest protein of any nut.  With nuts be careful not to eat to many for you only need a handful or so each day.

3. Fennel Tea--I have yet to try this form of tea however I plan on buying some.  Drinking fennel tea before bed is suggested.  It helps boost digestion, reduces fat storage in the body and is a good cleanser.

4.  Mushrooms--Crimini/button/shitake/portabella--These are all very helpful with inflammation and as noted earlier part of the daily G-bomb.  There are so many ways to use mushrooms.  Try them in omelets, salads, in rice, within a G-Bomb over chicken/fish. 

5.  Apples--These are the best snack for anyone striving to eat less and control your weight. Apples are a good pre-dinner snack.  They will help you feel full longer.  They are full of soluble fiber or pectin, which reduces the amount of sugar or calories absorbed into the bloodstream after eating.  Apple pectin prevents spikes in blood sugar that lead to increased fat storage.

6. Avocados--I cannot say enough about these all important fat burning super food.  The are full of monounsaturated fat same as olive oil and nuts/seeds.  I eat avocado everyday within my homemade guacamole.  This is great to use on omelets, salads, or with any meat dish.  For enhanced fat burning include avocados, green tea, and whole grains(Ezekiel Bread) in your daily diet.

7.Raspberry Ketone--I have listed information in detail concerning these within my blog postings. It is suggested 100mg daily to help the body break up fat in cells more effectively.  Helps your body burn fat faster.  I have had great results with Raspberry Ketone.  Look for more info on these within the blog postings.  NOTE: these are now available in Walmart.

8.  Chili Peppers-- These curb appetite while you eat.  Raise the body temperature and  boost your metabolism.

9.  Vinegar--Add some to your salads with olive oil.  Vinegar slows the absorption of carbohydrates and prevents sudden surges in blood sugar. 

10. Cinnamon--Once again I cannot stress the importance of adding cinnamon in your oatmeal and baked goods.  Cinnamon slows the passage of food through your stomach and lowers blood sugar levels.  It is also great in stews or coffee.

11.  Chia Seeds-- They are high in fiber and they fill you up.  These seeds along with walnuts help lower cholesterol and prevent fat absorption.

12.  Green Tea--Helps you feel full.  This is also one of the super foods for fat burning and weight management.  Green tea has long term benefits.  It prevents storage of excess fat, improves your appetite. 

13.  Pepitas--(Spanish word for pumpkin or squash seeds).  They are high in omega 3 fatty acids, they decrease the bodies ability to store fat, curb cravings, and strengthen muscles.  These are another superfood.

14. Red Lentils--Are high in protein and fiber which helps you feel full longer.  By eating just one cup a day they provide about 3 quarters of the daily recommendation of fiber.  Great in soups, salads or as a side dish.  These are also good with different beans.

15.  Watermelon--A recent study showed that women who ate water rich foods lost 33% more weight in the first 6 months than women on a low fat diet.  Watermelon contains vitamins A & C and antioxidants which strengthen the immune system.

Reference:
Retrived from www.dr.oz.com
WebMd.

25 comments:

  1. WoW!! Great Blog and so much info.I follow this blog on a regular basis and have shred it with my friends.I wish more people would comment!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Iam shy usually to comment but judyj means a lot to me as far as healthy living is concerned.

      Delete
  2. GREAT INFORMATION!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I find this information to be so informative.Jud J have you any published books available?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope she does if not why?

      Delete
    2. Good news, a book is in the works. I will keep my bloggers up to date on my progress.
      Judyj

      Delete
    3. Let us be the first to know.

      Delete
  4. Let Judy J know how much we appreciate her BLOG.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I DO. I read her info. all the time.

      Delete
    2. All readers should comment.We learn from each other.

      Delete
  5. Love your Bible verse.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Follow for the last several months and got healthy and lost 30lbs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I enjoy reading blog,keep up the great info.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your the best information site I read on all the internet.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I too enjoy this blog a great deal.The information I read on this blog is great and I pass on to my patients.
    Dr.Renee Lewsi

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry I never wrote a comment in the past.I enjoy reading your blog.Keep up the great news.God bless you judyj.

    ReplyDelete
  11. God bless you judyj!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Our ladies group at our church read you every week.May God bless your life.

    ReplyDelete
  13. francesca festive 15April 2, 2013 at 1:27 PM

    Hey guys, I'm Judy j daughter, Francesca. I write bear topic. It's a way to learn things about bearville and build a bear please read and comment I have tons of crafts recipes and every thing

    ReplyDelete
  14. Glad someone encouraged us to write comments today.Dont go away judyj.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Not a big fan of OZ but good info.

    ReplyDelete
  16. My friends and I enjoy reading this blog. We as a group have gained much information and use it to keep healthy.I personally have shared it with many of my family members.Stay with it.You matter!!!Cant wait for the book.

    ReplyDelete
  17. First time reader. Great info.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your info. is great.

    ReplyDelete